What is this all about?

Lower Tancredston Farmhouse is the main 'residence' for the Wade family in Tancredston, Hayscastle, Pembrokeshire. It has been empty for over 2 years and finally a builder has been selected (Mark Roberts) for the entire renovation project. This blog is the story (with photos) of the renovation.

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Exciting news - well, it is for me!

When the builders were taking down one of the ceilings they found it was packed with old newspaper.  The one piece that I have been given is from 1848!  I will go over myself tomorrow morning and see what else there is.

Here it is.  Rubbish photo - but it is a Cardiff newspaper dated Friday September 1, 1848.

4 comments:

  1. that is VERY exciting, Ali. Do you ever feel as though you are part of a river, toward the middle. Something flowing into you, and something flowing away from you - it is Time and Generations of Lives. That's what I think of frequently when I realize other people hundreds of years prior to me have used a certain piece of furniture. TFS huggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be so very interesting. A real treasure and to think how long it must be since it was read, then stuffed in your ceiling, Wow! great to watch the progress...
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly, truly exciting! You will have to share some of the actual articles, Ali!! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adds real life to the place when you find these types of things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I read and treasure them all.